I believe that ongoing training for professional workers is essential in ensuring that our understanding and skills are current and relevant for our clients.
Training sessions are delivered in a flexible and informal setting involving a combination of presentations from the trainer, interactive discussions, activities, reflection and evaluation.
All training programs are tailored to the needs of the specific organisation or group and are designed to suit the current level of understanding and practice experience of the participants.
A broad range of training opportunities are offered including:
- The impacts of childhood trauma: Working with survivors of childhood abuse and trauma
- An introduction to child development: Implications for counselling adult survivors of childhood trauma
- Introductory counselling practice
- Advanced counselling practice
- Group work skills and strategies
- An introduction to working with survivors of sexual violence
- Advanced therapeutic practice with survivors of sexual violence
- Eating issues: A framework for understanding and strategies for practice
- Feminist welfare practice: An introduction
- Advanced feminist practice: Therapeutic interventions
- Practice frameworks: Achieving consistency in professional practice
- Reflective practice for change
- Vicarious trauma: What it is and how to deal with it
- Self care for welfare workers
- An introduction to spirituality for welfare workers
- An introduction to Buddhism for welfare professionals
- Meditation, relaxation and visualisations for professional workers in the welfare sector
- Developing and maintaining an effective community organisation
- Effective Management Committees / Boards in community organisations.
Should you be interested in discussing the provision of training for your organisation or network please contact me on 3311 2329 or by email at email@example.com
Full and detailed quotes are provided on request.